Friday, June 10, 2016

Wilson Family News



" I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalms 139:4

                    

Wilson Family News


        What an interesting 9 months it has been! Our house has been a busy one, not only with Timothy learning and growing, but also with many guests who have been part of our family for a time. Added to that, airplane maintenance that never seems to end, and you get an idea of what we have been up to!
         It has very interesting having guests in the family. So far this last year to present, we have had somebody from Romania, Australia, Austria, the US, Bolivia, Denmark, Canada, and Belize, stay with us. It is fun to learn a bit about other cultures and try to not overwhelm them with ours :)
         Having guests has been a challenge because I have had to learn to say I can't keep up to cooking and cleaning up after extra adults, as well as Timothy, while being pregnant. I tried my best until I couldn't go anymore, and Steven came to my rescue and made new house rules... those who live with us, become like family with us and carry an equal part of the cooking and chores. What a difference that has made for everyone! I have had time to do constructive things with Timothy, study the midwife text books that I have been able to purchase, as well as sew more diapers for the new baby, and get to the many other things that just were not getting done.
          

Some of the cloth diaper covers I made and sold, and my little sewing helper.

      As interesting as sewing and other things have been, what has really been intriguing to me has been the midwife course. I have not been able to complete any of the course work because I do not have enough of the text books, but I have studied the text books I have, and learned so much. It has been even more interesting and real to me since I was pregnant and could observe in myself the things I read about.The more I learn about how life begins, the more I realize just how great a miracle conception and reproduction is. We are truly "...fearfully and wonderfully made..."
      As I studied, my desire to have my baby at home grew. I wanted to experience what it was like to give birth in the comforts of my home, as close to God's design as  we could manage. I understand that we live in a sinful world, and problems can arise, so we visited all the hospitals and clinics nearby, learned what services they offer, located emergency room doors,etc. We were 10 min away from help should a problem arise. Babi, a neonatal nurse, agreed to be my birth attendant. What a brave lady she was through the whole process, taking on such a challenge and putting up with me! I don't think I would have been comfortable enough to try a home birth without her. Thanks Babi!
    And so we waited for the baby. so many times we were sure the time had come, only to realize it was another false alarm. My sister Sara came from Guayara, and my Mom came from Canada to help me with everything... cooking, cleaning, Timothy, etc. These two were such a help. I don't know what I would have done without them.
       Then May 10 I began to have some cramping, and we thought that it was the big day! Nope. Evening came, and Timothy went to bed. Around 10 pm I began to have some contractions and then by midnight the contractions came in earnest. At 5:40am, May 11, James Lloyd Wilson joined our family! Timothy woke up to the baby's cries, and met his new brother moments after he was born. Now we have three boys in our family who share a birthday... my brother Michael, Steven, and James. I guess Steven's birthday present this year was a son:)
       Birthing at home was an incredible experience because I was in an environment that was familiar and caring. I wasn't in the public eye with strangers watching me walk the halls, fighting to keep my hospital gown closed behind me. There was no pressure about things not going fast enough, or being treated like I was sick. Steven wasn't treated like an outsider, or in the way. I could move how I wanted and follow my instincts.  The whole experience was peaceful, and James came out beautiful and full of life. He had no medicines in him and it gave him a whole different appearance from the other babies I have seen born, including Timothy. God has made birth so intricate and incredible!  

        Babi and baby James                                  All the members of our family.                                                                                        Welcome James!

Timothy likes his new brother. 

We want to thank all who have kept us in your prayers, and for those who have been supporting us and encouraging us in the mission field here in Bolivia.
                                             God Bless you all!

The Wilson Family, Steven, Helen, Timothy, and James
 

We are volunteer missionaries entirely funded by donations. 100% of your donations go directly to us and our project in Bolivia. If you'd like to be a part, we accept tax-deductible donations through Gospel Ministries International, Inc.

Donate via:
1.  PayPal  (timt@gospelministry.org)
2.  Check:  P.O. Box 506, Collegedale, TN 37315

With either method, please include a note stating:  "Bolivia Aviation Services - Wilson"

Thanks for your support!


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list







why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Gospel Ministries International · 3766 N. Hampton Dr. · Atlanta, GA 30144 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment